martes, 21 de abril de 2009

Assignment 4: A photograph that I like ("Addis Ababa Umbrellas")



Unfortunately, I don't have the information for who has been taken this photo, but it's published in "The Enigma of Beauty", January 2000, National Geographic Magazine, but has been taken on 1999

In the photo, we can see ornate umbrellas in a dreary day in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The situation is that there are a lot of people outside a church.

I know this photo since I had 12 years old because I used to search photos in Internet, because there are a lot of good ones.
Well, I like very much this photo because it has a lot of colours, and the cloth are beautiful. Other thing that surprises me, is that yo can't see this in Chile: ornate umbrellas. On winter we almost see black umbrellas and nothing else, and that gaves to the days more sadness. If we had colored umbrellas, like kids, the winter days will be more happier.

2 comentarios:

  1. Wujajaja, I was looking in national geographic too.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Francisca,
    I agree with you. I love colourful umbrellas because they remind me of my chilhood days: when the days were gray and rainy the colourful umbrellas women used to carry those years changed the dark days magically, it was as if the streets were suddenly invaded by big balloons.
    Please study the corrections and suggestions.
    Assignment 4: A photograph that I like ("Addis Ababa Umbrellas")

    Unfortunately, I don't have the information ABOUT who has (/) taken this photo, but it's published in "The Enigma of Beauty", January 2000, National Geographic Magazine, ALTHOUGH IT WAS taken IN 1999

    In the photo, we can see ornate umbrellas in a dreary(¿) day in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The situation is that there are a lot of people outside a church.

    I HAVE knowN this photo since I WAS 12 years old because I used to search photos in Internet, because there are a lot of good ones.
    Well, I like this photo very much because it has a lot of colours, and the clothES are beautiful. ANOther thing that surprises me, is that yoU can't see this in Chile: ornate umbrellas. IN winter we almost see ONLY black umbrellas and nothing else, and that gIves more sadness to the days./MAKES THE DAYS LOOK GLOOMIER. If we had colored umbrellas, like kids DO, the winter days WOULD be (/) happier.

    ResponderEliminar