lunes, 27 de abril de 2009

Assignment 5: My career

I don't have a specific reason to study anthropology. Last year when I had to decide what I want, I look for all humanist and social careers, because I like all that includes that disciplines.
I looked deeply the subjects, and anthropology conformed more with me.
So, I'm studying Anthropology because it's the career for me. Touch themes that I'm interested of, and it's a career where you learn a lot.

The professionals of my careers contribute to the society in many ways, but it depends of the specializacion that you choose.
Being a social anthropologist, contribuited to know more of different societies, but specialy, about their culture. That helps to understand their behaviors in front of different situations and with that, they can contribute to the best of our society, and also to themselves.
Being a physical anthropologist, contribuited in areas like criminalistic, and also in studies concernign to bioethics.
Being a archaeologist, helps to know about past cultures by their instruments.

The tools that you need, are very relationated to know about differents trends in the area. There are a lot, who gave a different intepretations to the work. We have to know about the scientific method, to watch other realities with consciencie and interact with people that we are investigating (or in the case of archaeologist, with the objects).

My favourite subject is philosophy, because is one that I love and I can't have it all the time in my career, because it's not very relationated with anthropology, like other subjects.
I like it very much because you issues yourself about different and abnormal themes that you don't think all the time.

1 comentario:

  1. Francisca,
    Now that you decided to be an anthropologist you have to decide what kind of anthropologist you want to become! Life is like a string of decisions, isn’t it? (Wow, your talk about philosophy seems to have had an effect on me...)

    Please study the corrrections/suggestions.
    Assignment 5: My career
    I don't have a specific reason to study anthropology. Last year when I had to decide what I wantED TO STUDY, I lookED for all humanistIC and social careers, because I like all that includes thOSE disciplines.
    I looked deeply INTO the subjects, and anthropology SUITED/PLEASED me more/BETTER.
    So, I'm studying Anthropology because it's the career for me. IT TouchES themes/TOPICS that I'm interested IN, and it's a career where you learn a lot.

    The professionals of my career contribute to the society in many ways, but it depends ON the specializacion that you choose.
    Being a social anthropologist contribuiteS to BETTER knowLEDGE of different societies, but specialy, OF their culture. That helps to understand their behaviors in front of different situations and with that, SOCIAL ANTHROPOLOGISTS can contribute to the best of our society, and also to themselves.
    Being a physical anthropologist, contribuiteS TO areas like criminalistic, and also TO studies concerniNG bioethics.
    Being aN archaeologist, helps YOU to know about past cultures by USING DIFFERENT instruments.

    The tools that you need, are very NECESSARY to know about different(/) trends in the area. There are a lot OF (............?) , who gave(/) different intepretations to the work. We have to know about the scientific method, to watch other realities with AWARENESS and interact with THE people that we are investigating (or in the case of AN archaeologist, with the objects).

    My favourite subject is philosophy, because IT is one that I love and I can't have it all the time in my career, because it's not very relATED with anthropology, like other subjects.
    I like it very much because IT MAKES YOU WONDER/ ASK yourself about different and abnormal themes that you don't USUALLY THINK OF/WORRY ABOUT.

    ResponderEliminar