lunes, 4 de mayo de 2009

Assignment 6: "The best in your area"


Now I'm going to talk about the best in my field, based on my opinion.
I think is Pierre Clastres, a french anthropologist and ethnologist.

He has made a lot of ethnographic studies etnies in Southamerica, where we can distinguish the guayaquíes, the guaraníes and the yanomami.
He focuses on studying about the structure and politics of war activity and the expand logic relationated with social division and accumulation of power.

His mosrt popular publications are "Chronicle of the Guayaki Indians", "Society Against the State", "French Marxists and their Anthropology", "Archeology of Violence", and more.

I like him because he was interested on southamerican etnies, and I think that it's striking because he was french, and if he would like, he could study about freanch etnies, but he didn't.
I like him too, because their ethnographic essay are fun and you can get involved with them.

I think he is the best because he made their studies in a meticulous way, and that make serious the study.

3 comentarios:

  1. I will investigate about him.He sounds a very interesting person.
    See you in class!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You wrote "mosrt" instead of "most" ,a little errors typing.
    See you in class!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Francisca,
    This anthropologist strikes me as a romantic person (in the literary sense of the word), like many other anthropologists who are really adventurous people.
    By the way, you have downloaded some great photos!

    Please, have a look at your post with some corrections and suggestions.

    Assignment 6: "The best in your area"
    Now I'm going to talk about the best in my field, based on my opinion.
    I think IT is Pierre Clastres, a French anthropologist and ethnologist.

    He has made a lot of ethnographic studies ABOUT/ON ETHNIC GROUPS in Southamerica, where we can distinguish the guayaquíes, the guaraníes and the yanomami.
    He focuses on studying about the structure and politics of war activity and the logicAL expanSION relatED with social division and accumulation of power.

    His most popular publications are "Chronicle of the Guayaki Indians", "Society Against the State", "French Marxists and their Anthropology", "Archeology of Violence", and more.
    I like him because he was interested In southamerican ETHNIC GROUPS, and I think that it's striking because he was French, and if he would like, he could study about French ETHNIC GROUPS, but he HASn't.
    I like him too, because HIS ethnographic essayS are fun and you can get involved with them.

    I think he is the best because he HAS made HIS studies in a meticulous way, and that makeS the study serious .

    ResponderEliminar