martes, 26 de mayo de 2009

Blog Session 9: My favourite subject

I think that my favourite subject is Anthropology 1, by Daniel Quiroz.

I like it because we learnt about anthropological theory and the differents postures for it. There exists many reflections about the discipline and I like that because you can reflectionate about it too and make your own theories and ideas.

Also, the classes are very entertaining, mostly because the teacher is very apationated to teach us and resolved all our doubts, and also give us time to comment the class with our partners.

This semester we have learnt about techniques to investigate, how work the ahthropologists and finally, we have learnt theories, especially from Bronislaw Malinowsky and Clifford Geertz.

Something that it's very important too, is that with my classmates started to understand how to read an anthropological texts, because we were very accustomed in school to read only literature, and at the beggining of the year, we were very troubled with that. But now I can say that we don't have that problem!

2 comentarios:

  1. Francisca,
    It’s greagt to know that now you fin it easier to understand complex tests related to anthropology and that you sre also improving your writing skills in English.
    Please read my notes and the corrected post.

    (differents postures): Adjectives never change, so they never add “s”. Ex. A boring film / many boring films - a modern sweater / a modern house / some modern cars / some modern paintings. Can you correct your phrase now?

    Blog Session 9: My favourite subject
    I think that my favourite subject is Anthropology 1, by Daniel Quiroz.
    I like it because we learnt about anthropological theory and the different(/) STANDS ON it. There exist(/) many reflections about the discipline and I like that because you can reflect ON it, too and make/DEVELOP your own theories and ideas.
    Also, the classes are very entertaining, mostly because the teacher is very IMPASSIONED to teach us and (/)solve(/) all our doubts, and also givES us time to comment ON the class with our partners.
    This semester we have learnt about techniques to investigate, how (/) aNthropologists work(NOTICE THE WORD ORDER) and finally, we have learnt theories, especially from Bronislaw Malinowsky and Clifford Geertz.
    Something that IS very important, too, is that with my classmates WE HAVE started to understand how to read (/) anthropological texts, because we were very accustomed in school to read only literature, and at the beggining of the year, we were very troubled with that. But now I can say that we don't have that problem!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Wow, my comment sounded like German. What I meant to say was: "It’s great to know that now you find it easier to understand complex texts related to anthropology and that you are also improving your writing skills in English.
    Please read my notes and the corrected post."

    The moral is "Never write comments at 5 AM ..."

    ResponderEliminar