lunes, 1 de junio de 2009

Assignment 10: What makes me tick

Today we have more freedom to write our posts, so I'm going to talk about what makes me tick.
I think it's difficult to answer this, because there exists a lot of things that moves me, like music, movies, art and different issues relationated with those that I said before.
But now, I'm going to talk about music, because I think I know more about that, than the others.
I like music since I was a child. When I was near 7 years old, I was very interested to play the guitar, so I took classes in my school and I learned very quickly... I was really in love with the instrument. During the classes, my mother decided to buy me one, so I could practise more... I learned very difficult songs, and also I started to discovered different music bands (especially, argentine rock, like Charly García).
Three years later, I left the guitar... I don't know why yet, but sometimes I'm very repentant for that, because in the case if I will still playing the guitar, I could be a very good guitarist.
But 3 years ago, y knew another instrument. It calls "cuatro venezolano", and I like it very much because it sounds different and it's a very good accompanying to different kinds of music. That was a way to started top lay the guitar again… and I’m trying to do it, but unfortunately I don’t have enough time.
Now I'm going to talk about my conection with music ban, something very important to me. And why? Because the music always help me to relax and think about things of my life. Also, it’s important because I like very much to discovered new bands. When it happens I investigated about them and I almost started to being obsessive with them.
Something that I can rescue it’s that many times, when I listen a particular song, I remember good -or bad too- moments of my life or of a movie (for example “Tiny Dancer” by Elton John, which is played in the movie “Almost Famous”).
I think music it’s very important to our lives because can inspired us and also it’s a very good companion when someone is alone. I’m very interesting in it because it’s a good way to connect people, for example in a concert: it’s a particular and very special event where people can meet and feel undescribe emotions.

1 comentario:

  1. Francisca,
    Congratulations on writing a ling and inspired post. Musis is something that makes everyone tick, even animals. I hope to hear you play the guitar some time.
    Please read the notes and corrections.

    Remember:
    (a) There is a ..... / an .... / There exists a ..../an ....... + singular thing or person.
    There are some ......s / many ......s / There exist some ....s / many ...s + plural
    (things that moves me): things = they, so we say:they move me= things that move me.
    (b) (I like music since): With time expressions like “for” and “since” we use: Has/ have/had + Written/ spoken/had /told/ said/been/ etc. Ex. I have had this TV set since 1989 / for 10 years / We have been friends since I was 10 years old/for many years
    http://www.class.branchina.net/EnglishAGO.htm



    Today we have more freedom to write our posts, so I'm going to talk about what makes me tick.
    I think it's difficult to answer this, because there exist(/) a lot of things that move(/)me, like music, movies, art and different issues relatEd with those that I said before.
    But now, I'm going to talk about music, because I think I know more about that, than the others.
    I HAVE likED music since I was a child. When I was near 7 years old, I was very interested IN playING the guitar, so I took classes in my school and I learned very quickly... I was really in love with the instrument. During the classes, my mother decided to buy me one, so I could practise more... I learned very difficult songs, and also I started to discover(/) different music bands (especially, argentine rock, like Charly García).
    Three years later, I QUIT the guitar... I don't know why yet, but sometimes I'm very repentant for that/ I REGRET DOING THAT, because in (/) case I WERE still / I HADN’T QUIT playing the guitar, I could be a very good guitarist.
    But 3 years ago, I knew ABOUT/ CAME ACROSS another instrument. It IS CALLED "cuatro venezolano", and I like it very much because it sounds different and it's a very good accompanying INSTRUMENT to different kinds of music. That was a way to start(/) to play the guitar again… and I’m trying to do it, but unfortunately I don’t have enough time.
    Now I'm going to talk about my conNection with music banDS, something very important to me. And why? Because the music always helpS me to relax and think about things of my life. Also, it’s important because I like very much to discover(/) new bands. When it HAS happenED, I HAVE investigated about them and I HAVE almost started to be obsessive with them.
    Something that I can rescue IS that many times, when I listen TO a particular song, I remember good -or bad AS WELL - moments of my life or of a movie SONG (for example “Tiny Dancer” by Elton John, which is played in the movie “Almost Famous”).
    I think music IS very important to our lives because IT can inspire(/) us and also it’s a very good companion when someone is alone. I’m very interesTED in it because it’s a good way to connect people, for example in a concert: it’s a particular and very special event where people can meet and feel undescribABLE emotions.

    ResponderEliminar